When people ask me what I do, I say I’m an NLP trainer. And then, they cock their head to one side and say, “What is NLP?”
Good Question! What is NLP?
To me, NLP is the purposeful use of your mind’s power. You see, there are so many things that your mind can do that you aren’t aware of. Your mind has a tremendous amount of power over your behaviour, how you communicate with others, what makes you sad and happy, what motivates you and more! And NLP unlocks this power. The answer is All in the Mind.
NLP = Neuro Linguistic Programming
Basically, NLP is a set of life skills you use to change your programming, your habits, negative internal dialogue, old useless strategies that ruin your life and more.
- Neuro refers to your mind and its connection to the rest of your body. Your mind has so many secrets that NLP can reveal to you. For example, do you know how your mind processes information and how you can change this? Or do you know how your mind codes your experiences in the past, in the present and in the future and how this coding can actually make you feel on top of the world or depressed?
- Linguistic is all about your language both what you actually say (to yourself and others) and what your body says for you. With NLP you discover how to translate negative language patterns into dynamic, empowering statements, communicate with ease, influence others and negotiate effectively
- Programming is what has been happening to you your whole life. From the moment we are born, we are influenced by our culture, our friends and family, our experiences in our life, and so many other factors. Our programming is made up of what we think, what we believe, our values, as well as our unconscious patterns. It can be beneficial though sometimes it’s detrimental. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to change your programming?
Are there too many dramas in your life?
Do you have bad habits that you want to get rid of?
Are other people crossing your boundaries of how you want to be treated?
Do you want to stop eating chocolate or stop procrastinating?
Is history repeating itself too much?
Do you say things sometimes that you wish you hadn’t said?
Are you upset at the smallest thing and you don’t know why?
Do you think you are communicating to others in a clear way and they still don’t understand what you’re trying to say?
NLP has tools for all of these things and so much more!
The skills of NLP can help you fix what’s going wrong, get you on track and moving in the direction of your ultimate goals with ease and comfort.
NLP is THE most useful set of tools for personal development. And once you have a greater understanding of yourself, you can help others. NLP Certification is a natural fit for those who are considering becoming a coach or who work with other people such as HR professionals, sales managers, customer service managers, yoga & Pilates instructors, personal fitness trainers, Reiki healers, doulas and well…just about any body.
NLP Certification is not for:
- Someone who thinks they know it all already
- Anyone who wants to change others without changing themselves
- Those who don’t actually like other people
For the rest of you, I hope you join me for my next NLP Practitioner Certification course in Singapore.
Want to know more about NLP without the certification? Here are some upcoming events where I will be speaking live:
I’ve also recommend reading some books on NLP and other self-development topics. Here is a list of my suggestions.